Have you been using regular laundry detergent for baby’s clothes? Didn’t you know some laundry detergents are toxic and you might be using one of them? Don’t worry because Kath + Belle will guide you with recognizing bad laundry detergents.
Hazards in Laundry Detergent
Research finds the regular laundry detergents are not good for baby clothes. Laundry detergent contains chemicals not good for skin, especially for babies. These are some of the chemicals commonly found in laundry detergents:
- SLS/SLES. Irritates skin and eyes. It removes natural oils causing drying of the skin.
- Formaldehyde. Targets respiratory system which could cause nose and throat irritation, cough and chest pain. It may also cause cancer.
- Chlorine Bleach. Irritates eyes, mouth, and skin. Inhaling chlorine might irritate the lungs and organs.
- Dioxane. Exposure to Dioxane causes eye and nose irritation. It also affects the kidney and liver.
- Optical Brighteners. Causes irritation and damages to the environment.
Some laundry detergents have dye and artificial fragrances which are often misinterpreted to have any effects on cleaning clothes when they actually don’t. These chemicals could bring harm to the baby’s skin and cause infections or any skin allergies such as eczema and rashes. As parents, we should know what ingredients to avoid, especially when it comes to choosing baby care products.
Kath + Belle Baby Laundry Detergent for Baby Clothes
Now that we know the harmful effects of laundry detergents, what we should do next? Change the laundry detergent you use for cleaning baby clothes. For baby clothes, use baby laundry detergent. Try Kath + Belle Safe Clean Laundry for safe and organic laundry.
Kath + Belle Safe Clean Laundry
Kath + Belle Safe Clean Laundry is a baby laundry detergent that is made by natural ingredients. Some of the ingredients included in Kath + Belle Safe Clean Laundry are:
- Citric Acid
- Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Peel Extract
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
- Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil
- Potassium Sorbate
These ingredients are good alternatives for chemicals used in most laundry detergent.
Benefits of using Kath + Belle Safe Clean Laundry
- Mild and gentle for hand
- Antibacterial and hypo-allergenic
- Dye-free and no artificial fragrances
- Leaves no residue
If you’re still using regular laundry detergent for your baby’s clothes, it’s time to stop. Avoidance of using regular laundry detergent when cleaning baby clothes is a must. Regular laundry detergent contains toxic ingredients that could harm baby skin. Use baby detergent for baby’s clothes. Switch to Kath + Belle for the protection of your babies!
At Kath + Belle, we make sure that our products are safe and toxic-free for the safety of babies. See our products at Kath + Belle and find out more!